June 10, 2011

Watermelon Mango Salsa

When my step-mom told me about this recipe, I had two instant thoughts “ew, gross” and “I absolutely have to try that!”…I realize these two thoughts generally do not go together, but what can I say, I’m just weird that way!

I didn’t have the official recipe, so I searched online and found TONS and TONS of recipes very close to what I wanted to create.  In the end, I just played around with the core ingredients and kept it basic {my favorite kind of recipe}. The result was TOTALLY YUM I LOVE the flavor that the jalapeño and cilantro give the watermelon and mango. You seriously have to try this!!!!!


Watermelon Mango Salsa (4 servings)
1 cup watermelon, diced
2 mangos, diced
1 jalapeño, minced
1 fresh lime
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbs fresh cilantro, minced

Combine the diced watermelon, mangos, jalapeño, sea salt and cilantro into a large bowl. Gently toss to mix ingredients. Squeeze the fresh lime juice over the mixture and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve over grilled chicken (or fish), with a side of yellow rice and black beans.


2 comments:

  1. Can i use something other thank cilantro and keep it out all together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could leave it out... or try mint. A lot of the recipes I searched used mint.

    ReplyDelete